Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Due Date Arrives

Today is Elizabeth's official due date.  I'm excited today about this because even though she is already 7 weeks old, she has finally reached 40 weeks gestational age.
I have been planning for today for a long time.  Alarms are going off on my calendars, I'm getting messages from friends who had today marked on their calendars.  I can't wait to get home and spend the rest of the day with my little overlord.

She has already grown and changed so much.  It's hard to believe how much she has changed.  She seems twice as big as she was when she was born.  Her hair is longer, and she has already grown out of some of her preemie clothing.  We switched her to newborn diapers a little while ago.  I know she can see more clearly and things that are a little bit farther away, because she reacts to her mobile, and follows it.  She can follow my movement around the room.  she is much stronger than I expected too.  She turns her head and lifts it to see things.  She pushes against me to move herself across the floor.  My parents, who are seeing Elizabeth once a week, are amazed at how different she looks from one visit to the next.  

This is a really exciting time.  I feel like we are out of the woods a little bit.  Elizabeth's birth, and the problems my wife had were really stressful and scary. Not knowing what crazy thing was going to happen next, when you are constantly expecting the other shoe to drop.  I really have no idea what is ahead of us, and I don't expect the craziness to stop, but I'm happy to have things starting to fall into the realm of normal. 

So Happy Due Date Elizabeth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment